Hello! I’m Victoria, the all-round creative human behind Victoria Rose Ball.
I’ve always been fascinated by all things buildings and architecture related, but knew designing them wasn’t for me. So, drawing them seemed to be the next best thing and where better to start than the beautiful city of Edinburgh! I moved to Edinburgh in 2013 to start my BA(Hons) in Illustration at Edinburgh College of Art. Victoria Rose Ball as a business began in April 2015, during my third year at uni. I started by selling some of the work I’d made for various projects over on Etsy and built up experience selling at various local arts markets. I graduated in the summer of 2016 and set off with the plan to continue running my shop / freelancing while I worked full time - which is what I still do today.
VRB has recently expanded and I’ve gained a very “helpful” studio assistant, my small-legged cat Munch. You can find more about him on my FAQ’s, or follow his Instagram @munch.munchkin.
Here’s a few more things about me..
- My favourite colour is yellow.
- I have a bit of an addiction to buying pens. Actually, its all types of stationery, not just pens..
- Being by the beach / sea is my happy place and usually where inspiration strikes.
- Whales (specifically, Orcas) are my favourite animals. I’ve even got one tattooed!
- I’m a bit of a workaholic. I love being busy and working on lots of things at once.
If you’d like to find out more about me and my work- I’m always happy to answer any questions! Fill out the form on my Contact page and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.I would love to hear from you!
- An Independent Zebra, 88 & 92 Raeburn Place, Edinburgh www.anindependentzebra.com
- Harbour Lane Studio, South Queensferry www.harbourlane.com
- The Red Door Gallery, 42 Victoria Street, Edinburgh www.edinburghart.com
- Cloud9, 40 Easter Road, Edinburgh www.cloud9edinburgh.co.uk
- Born in Scotland, Waverley Market (Upper Mall), Edinburgh www.borninscotland.online
- RAF Edinburgh, 170 Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Printmakers, Castle Mills, 1 Dundee Street, Edinburgh www.edinburghprintmakers.co.uk
- Grow Urban*, 92 Grove Street / 8B Saint Vincent Street, Edinburgh www.growurban.uk
- Golden Hare Books*, 68 St Stephen Street, Edinburgh www.goldenharebooks.com
- Botanics Shop*, Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh www.rbgeshop.org
*Commissioned products designed exclusively
- The University of Edinburgh (various departments)
- Edinburgh Futures Institute
- Edinburgh University Students Association
- Edinburgh College of Art
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- Historic Environment Scotland
- Wild In Art / Edinburgh Zoo
- Curiouser and Curiouser
- The Red Door Gallery
- Grow Urban
- Golden Hare Books
- Edinburgh Girlguides
- Seeds of Hope Scotland