Hello! I’m Victoria, the all-round creative human behind Victoria Rose Ball.
I’ve always been fascinated by all things buildings and architecture related, but knew designing them wasn’t for me. So, drawing them seemed to be the next best thing and where better to start than the beautiful city of Edinburgh! I moved to Edinburgh in 2013 to start my BA(Hons) in Illustration at Edinburgh College of Art. Victoria Rose Ball as a business began in April 2015, during my third year at uni. I started by selling some of the work I’d made for various projects over on Etsy and built up a bit of experience selling at various local arts markets. I graduated in the summer of 2016 with a 2:1 and set off with the plan to continue running my shop / freelancing while I worked full time - which is what I still do today.
VRB has recently expanded and I’ve gained a very “helpful” studio assistant, my small-legged cat Munch. You can find more about him on my FAQ’s, or follow his Instagram @munch.munchkin.
Here’s a few more things about me..
- My favourite colour is yellow.
- I have a bit of an addiction to buying pens.
- Being by the beach / sea is my favourite thing in the entire world.
- Whales (specifically, Orcas) are my favourite animals. I’ve even got one tattooed!
- I’m a bit of a workaholic. I love being busy and working on lots of things at once.
If you’d like to find out more about me and my work- I’m always happy to answer any questions! Fill out the form on my Contact page and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.I would love to hear from you!
- An Independent Zebra 88 & 92 Raeburn Place, Edinburgh www.anindependentzebra.com
- Curiouser and Curiouser 93 Broughton Street / 106 Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh www.curiouserandcuriouser.com
- Collective 38 Calton Hill, Edinburgh www.shop.collective-edinburgh.art
- The Red Door Gallery 42 Victoria Street, Edinburgh www.edinburghart.com
- Thriving Box Company www.thrivingboxco.com
- Harbour Lane South Queensferry www.harbourlane.com
- The University of Edinburgh (various departments)
- Edinburgh Futures Institute
- Edinburgh University Students Association
- Edinburgh College of Art
- Historic Environment Scotland
- Curiouser and Curiouser
- The Red Door Gallery
- Grow Urban
- Seeds of Hope Scotland